Bulent Taslicay

Agent you trust Service you deserve

Cost for Sellers

Realtor Commissions

Realtor commissions are paid by the Seller, and are shared between the listing agent and the Buyer’s agent.  The commission (plus GST) will be deducted from the sale proceeds by your legal representative at the time of completion, and paid directly to the agents’ brokerages on your behalf.  There are no additional fees charged by us to list/sell your property.

Legal fees

You will require a lawyer or notary public in order to transact your sale, transfer title and discharge your mortgage (if required). Costs usually range from $1,000 to $1,500 plus disbursements plus GST, depending on the nature of the transaction. I can provide you with a list of recommended lawyers.

 Capital Gains Tax

Capital Gains tax is not applicable on your principal residence if you are a Canadian resident. It is applicable for second residences and investment properties for residents and non-residents alike. Generally speaking, capital gains tax is levied on 50% of the gain at the seller’s marginal income tax rate. Like many other taxes, this rate and its application will vary depending on many factors. I strongly recommend that all sellers consult their lawyer and accountant to determine exactly how the Capital Gains tax applies to them.

Bulent Taslicay
Cell: 778-990-3762
Office: 778-297-3000
Reciprocity Logo The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Greater Vancouver REALTORS® (GVR), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB.